New Digital Publishing Features Now Available in App Studio
| September 4, 2017 | Quark Blog Team
In September 2017, Quark released a new collection of digital publishing features and enhancements for App Studio. App Studio is the digital publishing solution that allows users to create branded content apps using QuarkXPress, InDesign, HTML5, and XML. Unlike other digital publishing and custom app solutions, App Studio is cost effective and does not require coding.
The new features in App Studio make it easier for designers and creative professionals to deliver modern, interactive apps to consumers across a range of digital and mobile devices. Not only does App Studio support the latest iOS and Android platforms, the new release allows designers to create app-like experiences that run in any modern Web browser.
- Responsive HTML support: In addition to fixed layouts, App Studio apps are now capable of handling responsive HTML5. With this new feature, apps can be responsive to various screen sizes plus the App Studio portal has been enhanced to auto-generate thumbnails for each device.
- Multi-layout support: App Studio now introduces the capability to create, package, and deliver rich, device-specific designs for various screen sizes. Users can design publications for different aspect ratios (with multiple orientations) and package device specific output for a single app. This feature is available when using QuarkXPress 2017.
- HTML5 Publications: Users can now easily turn print publications into HTML5 publications with just a few clicks in QuarkXPress. Simply convert a print layout to a digital layout, add interactivity, and export as HTML5 Publication. The HTML5 Publication contains a Web App you can host on directly on a website that will render on all devices – desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. This eliminates the need to submit apps to app stores!
- Enhanced Web App: The App Studio Web App is now configurable, enabling users to change the Toolbar options, Page Fitting options, Lock Orientation options, Navigation Arrows, and more. QuarkXPress users benefit from a simple UI for turning these features on and off.
- HTTPS support enabled: App Studio has been enhanced to secure client communication with content (hosting) servers and subscriptions.
- Updated InDesign Exporter: The App Studio plug-in – InDesign Exporter 3.01 – is now compatible with Adobe InDesign CC2017. The completely redesigned plug-in has an improved user interface and enhanced performance with App Studio publishing.
Learn more about these features and more at Quark.com.